Guide to your first consultation

Step 1 - What is the reason for my infertility?

The reasons for infertility can be diverse and are distributed equally between men and women. The following aspects could be the reason for your infertility, but in some cases no recognizable reason can be found. By clicking on the icons you can read more about the topics!

Obstruction of fallopian tubes

If your wish for a child has been unfulfilled for more than a year it might be possible that your fallopian tubes are obstructed or damaged.

PCO syndrome

PCOS is the most common female hormonal dysfunction during the fertile years and affects 5 to 10% of women.

Endometriosis

With this disease, the cells of the uterine endometrium are also found outside of the uterine cavity. This can lead to pain and destruction of tissue.

Reduced ovarian reserve / post ovarian failure

For women with post ovarian failure or those having a reduced ovarian reserve due to past diseases, the egg donation may be a suitable treatment.

Limited semen findings

One of the most common reasons for a couples’ inability to conceive is male reduction of procreativity.

Vasectomy

The severing of the testicular ducts prevents the sperm cells from reaching the seminal fluid.

Genetics

A healthy cell has 46 chromosomes which hold within them the complete genetic information. In rare cases a defect in this information exists.

Psychological stress

We offer you a variety of complimentary psychotherapy such as crisis intervention, relaxation or support groups.

Step 2 - What are the possible treatment options?

The following methods are the most commonly used treatment options in reproductive medicine. The information stated below can never replace the importance of a first consultation in which we choose a suitable treatment based on your individual medical findings. For us it is important that our patients fully understand all the necessary diagnostics and treatment steps as well as being comfortable with the decision for a certain treatment.

Hormonal stimulation

In some cases, a hormonal stimulation of the ovaries is required in order to create a hormonal balance as a base for a future pregnancy.

Insemination

An insemination is often performed if the semen findings are limited or if antibodies were found in the endometrium.

In-vitro fertilization (IVF)

In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is the fertilization of the egg cell with sperm cells outside of the body. During the embryo transfer the embryo will then be returned into the uterus.

Intracytoplasmatic sperm injection (ICSI)

In many cases, there are too few sperm cells available which are motile and of normal morphology. For such cases, the intercytoplasmic sperm infection (ICSI) technique is recommended.

Egg donation

For women with post ovarian failure or those having a reduced ovarian reserve due to past diseases, the egg donation may be a suitable treatment.

Sperm donation

If no more sperm cells are created in the testes (eg. through genetic defects, malignant diseases of chemo therapy) the sperm donation may be a suitable treatment.

Supporting methods for IVF

In cases of nidation or fertilization failures or disorders in embryo development we offer you supporting methods in order to increase the success of your treatment.

Step 3 - Your way to the first consultation

We need these documents in order to schedule an appointment for the first consultation. Please fill out the consent for GDPR, personal data sheet and questionnaires and send them to us with a copy/scan of your personal ID cards/passports. As soon as we have received these documents our Pre-Department team will contact you to make an appointment.

Mandy Winkler, BSc
Mandy Winkler, BA
Egerer
Jasmine Egerer

We look forward to be hearing from you!

In the waiting period for the first consultation you will have enough time to conduct the necessary examinations. We kindly ask you to send us all the medical findings at the latest 10 days before your appointment (Important: Your test results must not be older than 6 months):

You are not married?

Couples that are not married or if a egg cell / sperm donor is needed will have to conduct a notarial deed. The purpose of this document is to regulate the parenthood for the future child.

Financial support from the IVF fund

The fund subsidizes 70% of the costs for IVF treatment for a maximum of 4 attempts if all requirements are met. The remaining deductible of 30% for treatment and medication costs has to be covered by the couple.

*Please be aware that the transmission of this information via email occurs at your own risk. By transmitting the data in an unencrypted email, (unauthorized) third parties can gain access to this information or change the data. Details can be read in our privacy statement.